Sunday, August 7, 2016

Raspberry pi 3 mod b unboxing and demo


In my latest experiment, I bought my first Raspberry PI 3 Mod B, and tried setting it up. Additionally I got a transparent casing and 16GB Sandisk Micro SD with the OS installed.

Now coming to the unboxing and setting up Raspberry PI always precision screw driver helps which I additionally bought and for power I reused one of my 5V Android mobile chargers, this type of charger is specifically suitable for Raspberry PI power requirements but 5.25 V micro usb charger is recommended. The particular case that I got from Amazon was very helpful as it was transparent and all the ports in Raspberry were readily accessible and was very easy to setup.

When I put the micro SD for some reason it did not start, hence I downloaded the latest Raspbian lite OS SD image from Raspberry website and flashed it to the Micro SD with the help of Win32Image Write on Windows. Initially I used Wired LAN to connect to Raspberry, the Wireless setup for my Raspberry I will share in a separate post. The whole process is captured in my below video.


Useful links:
Source for Raspbian OS
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

Source for power
https://www.raspberrypi.org/help/faqs/#power

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Pi Experiments: Running Python3 , Jupyter Notebooks and Dask Cluster - Part 2

Its been a while since I posted my last post but had planned for this a while back and completely missed it. In this part of the blog I wil...